When we talk about the Lotus Notes application, there are a number of users who are moving to other email client applications from Lotus Notes, and also at the same time, there are users who are still using the Lotus Notes application. Well, now these two types of users want to backup their Lotus Notes emails either to import the same data to some other application or in the case of preventing any data loss in the future. Once it comes to export data from IBM Notes to Outlook PST format. But the sad part is these individuals are pretty confused about the process to perform their needs.
Are you among your users who need to export data from IBM Notes to Outlook, unfortunately not aware of the steps to perform? Then, this blog is here to help you out from all your difficulties to convert Lotus Notes emails to Outlook.
What are the Benefits to Move Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook?
Here are some main reasons why users have a strong desire to save Lotus Notes email to Outlook PST file format:
- Outlook is a widely used email client application, which is capable to open in any Operating system, no matter it is Windows, Mac and etc. Apart from these platforms, this versatile email client.
- Data security is one of the important concerns, which is faced by users. MS Outlook provides better data security options for users.
- The interface possessed by Microsoft Outlook is much user-friendly and advance than the IBM Notes application.
- Microsoft Outlook needs less maintenance charge, while on the other side Lotus Notes maintenance charges are too high.
- One of the best parts of Outlook is this application famous for its multitasking.
- Provides the different facilities for managing the complete database.
- How to Export Data from IBM Notes to Outlook Manually?
There are numerous processes which can used for converting Lotus Notes mailbox to Outlook email program. One is a manual method that is free of cost but the risky and time-consuming process and another one is a third-party tool i.e. CubexSoft NSF to PST Tool that is cost-effective and highly secure to adapt.
Do you know for the free method you have to go through with the two-part steps?
Part 1. Export NSF Files to CSV (Comma Separated Values)
- Install and open IBM Notes Email Client on your machine.
- Then select required emails that you need to convert
- Go with the File option and click on the Export option. A click on the export button will show a dialog box.
After that type, a name for the file and save it as using “Structured Text” type at a location accordingly.
- Hit on the Export button and enter the information in the dialog box which appears and press the OK button.
Once the converted data of IBM Notes stored at the preferred location that you selected. Save it to a format that MS Outlook. Outlook doesn’t support the “Structured Text” format. A perfect format is CSV (Comma Separated Values). And, it can be done using an easy script (Microsoft recommended way). Once the Lotus Notes data has been converted to .csv format, you can directly proceed to converted it into Outlook application.
Part 2. Import CSV Format in Outlook
- Open Microsoft Outlook email program
- Now, go to File menu option >> Open >> Import >> Import and Export Windows will appear on the screen.
- Press on “Import from another program or file” and continue to next.
- Choose the file type CSV files for conversion
- Put the location of exported NSF file and check to replace duplicates with items imported
- Now, choose a folder where you want to import the database and go with Next.
“A few days back, most of the user’s email data were hacked from my organization and I don’t want to fall prey in such incidents. Since then, I am searching for some trustworthy tool to export data from IBM Notes to Outlook. With the manual method, it will consume my whole day as there are numerous emails to convert. So, please suggest the best tool for the same”
Professional Solution to Direct Convert NSF Files to PST Format
With the help of Lotus Notes Converter software, you can convert unlimited emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook PST file format including all emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, and other items without any data loss. It does not pose any file size limitations, hence a user can export NSF files of any size without any problem. It offers an option to translate the canonical name into SMTP format. It is also capable to maintain internet header and HTML formatting after performing the migration process. This software supports various file formats such as; Outlook PST, PDF, MBOX, EML, MSG, Office 365, Gmail, G Suite, Exchange Server, Hosted Exchange Server, IMAP, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, and many more. In case if the need is to migrate only selective emails, then make use of the date filter option to export data from IBM Notes to Outlook.
Download the free demo version of the software and convert the first 20 items from NSF to PST format free of cost. With the help of Demo Edition, a user can check and evaluate the software working before purchasing the license key.