Ergonomic furniture is meeting the requirements of the human body and the work environment.
Everyone is so busy in their modern life, managing office work with home and family, seems difficult, therefore not able to give attention to their health. But can we manage like this? If Yes, then for how long. How long one can manage a busy, hardworking, and tiring life; where we are eating junk food, not doing any exercise, no mental peace, and no time to relax. Can we think of any solution to these problems? Well, actually the solution to these issues can be a furniture. You read it right, and the category is “Ergonomic Furniture”.
Ergonomic furniture is taking care of your physical and mental health. The calculation of Ergonomics is simple, it provides comfort to the user and this relaxes him or her mind to focus more on work. Further, this saves him or her extra time for small breaks, family or to invest in some other productive work.
Common Ergonomically designed products are height adjustable standing desk, Work stations, Office chairs, and Monitor risers.
Let us understand Ergonomic furniture better by knowing some facts and benefits of Ergonomic furniture.
Facts about Ergonomic Furniture
- Ergonomic furniture is designed scientifically to offer maximum comfort to the user. Designing is based on the study of human body to improve health.
- Ergonomic furniture provides a better work experience to the user, where he or she can concentrate better on work. In a year of study, it has been analyzed that Ergonomics has led to an increase in productivity by 17.8%.
- Specifically, it has been designed to provide lumbar (lower back) support so that naturally ‘S’ shape is maintained.
- Ergonomic furniture also relaxes neck, shoulder, and arm muscles.
- The most popular ergonomic product is an Ergonomic office chair.
- Sit and Standing desks also gaining popularity and offering the user an option to work comfortably in both sitting and standing posture. The height of the desks is adjustable and can be increased if the user wants to work standing and vice-versa.
- Lately, Ergonomic meeting Pods or Booths have been introduced. They are specially designed, customized as per the requirements of the user, including the color choice also. They can either be stationary or movable. It gives users a sense of privilege and privacy with no disturbance.
- Ergonomic furniture naturally enhances body movement.
- Ergonomic furniture should be preferred only by a renowned brand, as they understand the true essence of ergonomics and deliver accordingly.
The user also needs to develop a habit of taking care of his or her posture. For example, making it a habit of working while standing after every half an hour or as per the convenience. Similarly, taking breaks and moving around to resume with energy.
Let us know the ideal way to maintain body posture while using Ergonomic Furniture:
- Elbow should be at a 90-degree
- Keyboard and Mouse should be within the reach of arms.
- The monitor should be in front of the user in a way that when one looks straight, then he or she is looking at the top of the monitor and not the center of it.
- While sitting on a chair one should switch between leaning forward or taking lumbar support. In some products, there is an option of adjusting the lumbar support as well.
- Both armrests should be at the same height.
- Leaning on different feet, by balancing it and changing the foot (while using sit and standing desk).
- One should keep on changing his or her body posture, sit, stand, or take a break. It is suggested that one should take micro-breaks as well, at least once in an hour.
Benefits of an Ergonomic Furniture
Please find the benefits of Ergonomic furniture mentioned in below points:
- Healthy Lifestyle: Ergonomic furniture is helping the users in maintaining a good body posture. Supporting lumbar, neck, arms, shoulders, knees, and legs and relaxing muscles by encouraging body movement and keep energy high. It also helps in minimizing the risk of arthritis, obesity, heart problems, Not only physical, but ergonomic furniture is also taking care of or mental health by offering peace and space at the workspace.
- Better Communication: Ergonomic furniture help users communicate better with their team. The spacious work area, peaceful environment, and availability of Ergonomic meeting pods or booths make communication easier. This also helps in avoiding delays in taking decisions.
- High Productivity: Ergonomic furniture is making people efficient by letting them focus better on their work. This is also helping them in saving their time, improving performance and this is how the user is investing in more productive areas, resulting in business growth.
- Meeting Goals: Ergonomic furniture is not just helping a user achieve his or her personal goals, but also organizational goals. With improved health and better performance, a user is getting appreciated in both personal and professional life.
Ergonomic furniture is taking care of the health of an individual, making them feel privileged, keeping them satisfied, whether home or office. Simultaneously, it is also letting the user focus on the job which is leading to personal and organizational goals achievement. It is suggested that one should buy only branded ergonomic furniture for great results.
Really, now can you think of anything which Ergonomic furniture does not provide? Well, you won’t be able to come up with anything, because actually, it is offering more than a piece of furniture.